Saturday, January 02, 2016

52in52 - book 1 - Miracle at the Higher Grounds Cafe - Max Lucado

All resolutions start full steam ahead and with great promise and motivation, I hope to make this one last the distance- 52 books in 52 weeks. Today I read Max Lucado's Miracle at the Higher Grounds Cafe, written with Candace Lee and Eric Newman. It's a 180-odd paged book centering around the life of Chelsea, a woman who's "fresh start" in life following the break down of her marriage and death of her mother is turning out to be her biggest challenge yet. Her guardian angel "Mannie" devises a plan to help her find her way back to where she needs to be to put her life back together.
Thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, it was light and yet encountered some heavier topics that have become far too normalised in our society.
I highly recommend it and I am sure I will read it again in. The future!


No comments:

Post a Comment