Saturday, January 02, 2016

2016

Happy New Year!


I hope that 2016 holds great joy and blessings for all!

It appears to me that last years resolve to blog regularly fell to pieces in May...

Since May, I have finished my Bachelor of Medical Science (pathology) and had a number of changes at work, for a while there I was working 5 jobs, which became quite unsustainable and detrimental to my ability to get anything done.

The last part of the year I found a new role as an events organiser! Quite a stressful little role that one! Hedland Community Carols 2015 went well and had about 2000 in attendance, with so many people enjoying their night, it was wonderful to be a part of!

2016 for me is going to be stripped back and more organised. I have begun a planner to outline when I am able to take custom orders from my *currently under construction new website* www.jlcreations.com.au - another occurrence of 2015, the registering of my own business, Jacqueline Leigh Creations. I have a lot to learn about business still, but it is very exciting learning how to make it work. I will be creating custom purses, bags, and accessories to start, and potentially other items in the future. I do already have Facebook and Instagram hooked up, check them out!

Other 2016 plans (avoiding use of the word "goal") include more painting and sewing, looking after the health of my body, my mind, and my soul through deliberate steps in nourishing each, keeping God at the centre of everything, ramping up women's ministry in our church, and prioritising family.
Plans require planning, and work... These are not just "thrown to the wind and hope for the best" dreams, they will all be carried out deliberately and with intent.

Side goal, 52 books in 52 weeks, I aim to read a book a week for the entirety of 2016. This will fit nicely under looking after the health of my mind and, depending on my book selection, could overlap into soul, body, art and sewing. I'm signing up on read 52 books in 52 weeks . Com >>link<< so you can join me if you would like!

I'm off to breakfast with family now, so I hope to be back soon! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment