Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Tuesday

Another creative day! Loving it!
One of my friends is having a baby later this year, I'm seeing her today (Wednesday) before I go back to Hedland for several months, so I thought I'd make her a little gift. This is a nappy wallet (for the handbag) from this tutorial by Melissa Esplin. She has many variations, I chose the one most in my comfort zone - the sewn one! My friend doesn't know the gender of her baby, so I thought orange would work. And orange is awesome!
 Then, work continued on the sprocket cushions. They got gussets and backs and they even got stuffed! I enlisted the help of my wonderful Mother, who seemed to be looking for something to do! She took it as a great opportunity to pull out her old Bernina which had been out of service for about 18 months, after visiting the sewing doctor, it got a new capacitor and is now a pleasure to sew on once again!


I have no really exciting photos of my dress progress, I sewed and pinned and sewed and pinned and ironed and sewed. I (think I) have 4 constructed bodices and 3 constructed skirts, just waiting to be joined together, zippered and have the lining attached!
"Neat" piles for each dress





Finally, I have another friend who I am catching up with before I go away, and it's her birthday this month (Agh! July already!!) So I used this tutorial from Sweet Verbena to make her a bag. It's not quite the same, I was limited by the fabric I had in my stash. My bag is a couple of inches smaller, has shorter handles and drawstrings, and a different method of attaching the lining. This bag made me think of my friend when I first saw it and I'm so happy I made it, I think she will really love it!


Cinched up tight!
about 19" square, plenty of space!


Musical fabric to line it

No comments:

Post a Comment